World Spanking Forums SpankedCoeds.com
Go Back   World Spanking Forums > General Posts > General Discussion
World Spanking Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Sidebar Off

Old 09-25-2009, 11:32 PM

Default Spanking rulers

Hey all! Loooong time lurker, first time poster.

I'm looking for a good, SOLID ruler suitable for spanking. Does anybody know where I can either get one online, or of a good place to get one in a retail store? I'm also looking for a good yardstick suitable for spanking. All the rulers they sell at most retail stores are extremely lightweight and flimsy, and have a metal straight edge to them, and the yardsticks they sell are so flimsy that one stroke would break it. I have tons of implements, but this one still eludes me.

Glad to be aboard this great site!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:48 AM

Hey G/T, welcome to the forum.

In terms of finding a ruler or yard stick for spanking, good luck. I guess you could go to some place on line like nextag and just look for a thick one. But, I did a google search for "heavy duty yard stick" and did not find anything thicker than 1/4 inch and with 36 inches of leverage I suspect that would break pretty easy. I don't know if the yard sticks were thicker and stronger decades ago when I was in grade school, or if they just seemed to be to the kids of that era.

I have seen many paddle makers who offer long narrow spanking sticks/paddles that are yardstick like (also see Butch and Poppa's response to my recent post on paddles and paddle makers).

I did buy a spanking ruler from a vendor at a shadow Lane party several years ago - it was a ruler but was lettered "house ruler" and it was marked with perscribed number of strokes for diffrent types of household neglect. It was home made looking and not real thick, but a fun toy. Sorry I can't remember who the vendor was.

Az
Old 09-26-2009, 10:26 AM

Tip: go to a shop for building materials and select your plank of the desired dimentions and make your own ruler(s).
Old 09-26-2009, 10:16 PM

Here's an idea out of left field if your search really gets desperate. How about a metal ruler? It wouldn't feel like a wooden ruler, of course, but then any ruler strong enough to really resist breakage wouldn't feel like an ordinary ruler either. Metal rulers are typically a little bit lighter in weight than equivalent wooden rulers, I think, and they're usually more flexible, but they're just as innocent-looking to have around the house, and they're quite durable. (I've had one metal ruler for 40 years, and it's just like the day I bought it.) Metal rulers are available at some stationery stores. They're used by most people who do manual drafting in their job, so drafting supply outlets might also carry them. As with wooden rulers, they're available in a variety of lengths (mine is 18" long, for example), so you could choose the length that works best for you. To get you started, here's a link to a Google search for "metal rulers" (without the quotes): http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...q=f&oq=&aqi=g1

Last edited by Chuckles : 09-26-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:44 AM

A metal ruler, 12-16" long is a great self spanking implement. I use one & it has just enough spring to it to make up for the lack of easy swing. Have to be careful of sharp edges though, as they cut easily.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM100
A metal ruler, 12-16" long is a great self spanking implement. I use one & it has just enough spring to it to make up for the lack of easy swing. Have to be careful of sharp edges though, as they cut easily.
I haven't tried it, but I'd imagine that if the edges were a problem, it could be resolved with some of the tape used to hold gauze pads in place for bandages. There's a moderate variety of that sort of tape in most pharmacies.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:35 PM

I found a very sturdy 18" ruler at Office Depot. It had a metal edge, but that was easy to pull off using a pair of needlenose pliers. I also have a 12" ruler made of a flexible plastic that really stings. I believe I found it at Longs.

wolfheart
Old 09-27-2009, 07:03 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure I want metal or plastic, as I'm wanting this for use in more...ahem, sensitive areas, and any sort of cutting would be a major problem.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Member of Distinction

If you want to use it on sensitive areas, I'm not sure anything more than an ordinary wood ruler is needed (with the metal edge removed if needed). Put it another way -- if you snap an ordinary wood ruler in half across someone's sensitive areas, the loss of the ruler may not be your biggest problem -- the loss of the spanking partner might be.

With that said, I understand what you're saying. I have a ruler from my childhood -- probably made in the mid 1950s -- and it's 3/16" thick. My two newer wood rulers are both about 1/8". One-sixteenth inch may sound like a trivial difference -- but it's not. It's 50% of the thickness, and since strength varies by the square (or, by some measures, the cube) of the thickness in the direction of load, that means it's over twice as strong (if everything else, like the type of wood, is the same).

I was going to suggest another off-the-wall idea if you really want strength and rigidity -- a triangular architect's or engineer's scale. You couldn't snap THAT in half, I bet. However, there are multiple problems. The decline of hand drafting has made them rare. Some of them are very expensive. Plastic is a much more common material than wood, and even the wood ones are likely to be plastic coated (though that might be a good thing, since spanking sensitive areas sometimes results in implements needing to be cleaned). Worse of all, the faces are seldom flat -- they usually angle inward. And even if the faces ARE flat, there is always a semicircular groove running down the middle of the face. I have seen scales that avoid all but the last of the problems -- common, cheap, bare wood, flat-faced -- but not for a long time; not sure where you'd find one now. So that was probably a better idea 40 years ago than it is today.

Last edited by Michael : 09-27-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 PM

found this photo on wikipedia under a search for "spanking fetish" and thought of your post here. Enjoy!

Az
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ruler.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	485