World Spanking Forums SpankedCoeds.com
Go Back   World Spanking Forums > General Posts > General Discussion
World Spanking Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Sidebar Off

Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 PM

Default katie spades

Hi,

I guess I am being nosy, but what is the story of Katie Spades. She had her own blog, and seemed to be the rising star in the spanking world. Then I heard she lied about an illness to get money, and gave an interview about what a bunch of losers spankos are?

Are there any more details?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:26 PM

Default Strictly hearsay

The last hearsay that I heard was that she and her boyfriend (fiance?) had been arrested for solicitation.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Member of Distinction

If you Google Mistress Gorgeous (which is the name she was using as a ProDomme) you can find more references and fewer hard facts than you could possibly want. We are essentially certain that Katie Spades and Mistress Gorgeous are the same person. What's less clear is whether it was a valid arrest or if it's an example of vanilla society mistreating us out of misunderstanding (in this case, equating ProDomme services with prostitution). The issue is exactly what Mistress Gorgeous offered the undercover officer.

I have never seen any report on how the case came out, or any news of Katie since then.

As for the (presumably fake) illness and the bad-mouthing of spankos, I remember those too, and there are probably threads on this board to document them, if Search went back far enough. Absent that, though, about all I can remember is that they happened.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:25 AM

I remember that she advertised her illness on her website and that she said other video spankees were ugly at a www.beer.com interview.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:07 PM

She did do a great job of self promotion. She ended up on Howard Stern. If she had a higher character, she could probably become wealthy.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:52 AM

Default what is it

with becoming wealthy?? oh boy many people here have alot to learn.

Money. weath... is this what life is all about? I ask you.
Look where it got her. I personally never heard of her. If she was on Howard Stern she couldn't have been that good a spanker. I love Howard but honestly his spanking stuff was lame. Butt Bongo. Please.

Money can be a vicious cycle its gets people into trouble. Money oh money we are lulled by money, dulled by money, what makes money? money makes money...It can be the root of all evil if it is not put in its proper place. It is the great controller.

Lets think about where wealth comes from? It has not one thing to do with money.

Real wealth.....your family, your love, your health, your peace of mind, most importantly your time to do what you want with it. Your time to be able to go out any afternoon of the week and have a picnic in the park, or take a long walk with no worries, to just sit and daydream or read a good book, your time to spend with your kids, to be home everyday they get home from school so they can share their day with you, your time to do things that bring you peace of mind, things that make you happy....
All the money in the world can't give you peace of mind. In fact usually money is what takes that peace away.

Everyone go outside today and take a deep breath and let the sun shine on your face if it is sunny where you are or let the rain hit your forehead and thank the Gods for this which money can never buy.

Two of my favorite quotes: I am not sure where this first one came from I just remember hearing it and love it..

Drink wine, this is life eternal

this all that youth will give you

Its the season for wine, roses and drunken friends

Be happy for this moment this moment is your life.

The second quote is from one of my favorite authors Mr. Henry Miller

"I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive."

So I hope you all have a great day I now bid you adieu.

Hugs Kelly
Old 10-12-2010, 11:06 AM

Hmm...

Given the choice, I'll pick "happy with money" over "happy without money" every time. While there's a point in your post -- that money does not happiness make -- it's incomplete. Money may not make you happy, but having it certainly can make it easier to maintain happy.

I've been poor and I've been reasonable well off, and I've been happy both ways. I've even been happy as a workaholic... but only because I loved what I was doing at the time. If one looks for a formula for happiness, I dont think it's one that demonizes or ignores money. Money makes it a lot easier to keep your health, take time to smell the roses, have peace of mind, help others. I don't suppose it makes it easier to have a good relationship with God, although it also doesn't get in the way. My formula is more like:

Love what you do, and do what you love. If multiple options fit the bill, pick the one that makes the most money