World Spanking Forums

World Spanking Forums (http://www.worldspankingforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.worldspankingforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pomlazka - Czech Easter spanking (http://www.worldspankingforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7870)

AzSpanks 03-20-2008 03:44 PM

Pomlazka - Czech Easter spanking

If you google search (or whatever your preference is for search engines) the word "pomlazka" you will get links, even one to the offical tourism site to Czech, you will be able to read about an Easter spanking tradition where young men make something like a birch rod - actually a bundle of "young, fresh pussywillow twigs" and go around drinking and finding girls to dowse with water and then spank with these switches. In turn, the girls present the boys with decorated easter eggs. Girls who are not spanked in this way are thought of was being unworthy of marriage, so the girls are all (bottoms) up for getting switched. What a great tradition, I wish we had it here in America! Maybe I will get to visit Czech some Easter time. Although every ethnic group, country and nationality has wonderfully beautiful women, there are truly stunningly beautiful Czech women - and now to know that they are accustomed to getting thier bottoms switched...., Az

Michael Masterson 03-20-2008 04:04 PM

Got to love the Czechs

Yes, I have followed this holiday for years. I have spent time in Prague, but never during the right time of the year to see it in action. Here is a couple of pics:

aninvisiblegirl 03-20-2008 06:43 PM

That is very interesting... Who wants to celebrate the czech easter tradition with me? :D

Bailey 03-20-2008 06:49 PM

Niki Flynn has some great photos in celebration of this tradition as well. I've always been amazed by how many cultures have spanking traditions with their celebrations. The ancient romans used to chase women with whips as well. Any other traditions of this sort that people know about?

Bailey

AzSpanks 03-20-2008 07:53 PM

Pomlazka

Michael - thank you for putting the photos up - I girls look like they are having as much fun with this as are the guys - as it should be!

Aninvisble girl - you know I would love to celebrate this holiday tradition with you, I can scoot over to White Sands on my old but reliable BMW motorcycle and be there to warm you seat on Easter sunday - I don't think pussywillows grow here in Arizona, but I will most certianly call the flower shops and see if they can get us some - a nice big swishy bundle to last all day....,

Bailey - I think that Janus - as in the famous London/Soho spanking bookstore (that I have visited every time I have gone to England) and magazine is related to the two headed god that guards the door between the new year and the old year and something about February being named after a type of Roman whip and a whipping tradition the Romans had that time of year when infertile women were whipped to purge them so that they could become pregnant. At least we in America have the birth spanking tradition that I have used on more than one occasion to open the door about spanking with girlfriends from the time I was a kid. I had a subscription to your site for a while - its wonderful - I love it! Especaily the scene with you and Rene being spanked in a class room setting together - both of you are adorable young ladies - where is Rene - I have not seen much new of her on any of the RS sites recently. One of the most breath taking spanking scenes in my opinion is the one of Rene on RS getting a bare bottom school paddling from Mrs Burns. By the way, I think I met you at a spanking party a few years ago - just a brief conversation in passing before you becam a spanking star. Az

Raymond 03-20-2008 11:47 PM

It seems that the Europeans really don't care what others think and just enjoy all of the fun life has to offer. I guess we in America really do need to chill out.

sea-eagle 03-21-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey
Any other traditions of this sort that people know about?

Bailey

In Scandinavia we had something similar. Here the big spanking day was at Good Friday. During the night and early morning young men was walking around in the neighbourhood with birch rods. Their purpose was to get into unmarried women’s bedrooms to use their birch rods at the girls bottoms. Girls who didn't want to have their bottom birched had to offer the young men with the birch rods some kind of alcohol to buy their bottoms free, but I think many of the girls waited until the birch rod was used before they offered the alcohol, at least one of the visitors. This tradition is not more alive in Scandinavia. I met a woman who told that about 1940 she had been living at a place where this spanking tradition still was practised.

Bailey 03-21-2008 09:15 PM

Wow, that's pretty interesting stuff. I wonder why on Good Friday? I know the history of Christianity is filled with CP and self flagellation, I wonder if the two are connected?

Offering alcohol doesn't sound like a religious practice though, so maybe it's a coincidence.

Bailey

Tawseman 03-22-2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

I wonder why on Good Friday?
Bailey

Christianity is replete with commemorations of the suffering of Christ on Good Friday. Flagellation and non-fatal crucifixion are not uncommon even today. It is still big in the Phillipines and used to occur in New Mexico. Some say it still occurs. In times past, it was more common in Roman Catholic countries, so perhaps some of what is being discussed is a remnant. I suspect that, as with so many folk customs, the origin and meaning has become lost in the mists of time.

Google has some info: http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...2+flagellation

and:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...22&btnG=Search

Most of this deals with self-flagellation, though. What a pity. In my own case, it is much more interesting to be whipped by an attractive person of the opposite sex than by myself.

sea-eagle 03-22-2008 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sea-eagle
In Scandinavia we had something similar. Here the big spanking day was at Good Friday. During the night and early morning young men was walking around in the neighbourhood with birch rods. Their purpose was to get into unmarried women’s bedrooms to use their birch rods at the girls bottoms. Girls who didn't want to have their bottom birched had to offer the young men with the birch rods some kind of alcohol to buy their bottoms free, but I think many of the girls waited until the birch rod was used before they offered the alcohol, at least one of the visitors. This tradition is not more alive in Scandinavia. I met a woman who told that about 1940 she had been living at a place where this spanking tradition still was practised.

Quote:

Wow, that's pretty interesting stuff. I wonder why on Good Friday? I know the history of Christianity is filled with CP and self flagellation, I wonder if the two are connected?

Offering alcohol doesn't sound like a religious practice though, so maybe it's a coincidence.

Bailey

Actually it was two different spanking rituals practised on Good Friday , the one described above , but later on the morning of Good Friday when all people in the house was going to leave their beds the head of the house went from room to room and was giving everyone a birching as a remembering of Christ suffering. Some did it just symbolic , but other may be at bit more for real. This part I think has a Christian origin.

What happened during the night and early morning when young men birched young women's bottom I believe it was a rest of pagan fertility rituals that had survived, because some places I have read they also did a symbolic flogging of all kind young female living that was expected to give birth or growth as livestock, fruit trees etc. The flogging was done with young birch (or willow) twigs that in pagan tradition were considered to have some magic power of giving life and growth. What I have read about this tradition it was definitively not about self suffering, because the young men was not flogging their selves but young women, and it seems that most of the girls also enjoyed it at the same level as the young men did. When I read between the lines of the written descriptions it is no doubt that it sometimes was quite a bit of an erotic atmosphere involved.

About why these spankings was done on Good Friday I think the Church tried to change all the old spanking rituals to fit into a Christian tradition. I think they managed to have the spankings to happening at Good Friday but not to remove all of the pagan connection. I think also the use of alcohol was from the pagan tradition, because at the pagan festivals I'm quite sure alcoholic fluids was flowing much more freely than in the Christian Easter tradition.